PATHWAY TO SBAT
The SBAT pathway is exclusively offered within the GE program. A typical student who is considering undertaking SBAT will have:
- successfully completed their Year 10 core program i.e. their attendance and work completion was satisfactory
- an interest in pursuing a purely vocational pathway
- the motivation and maturity to aspire toward an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Students considering SBAT are encouraged to complete the Year 10 elective Work Related Skills to be best prepared for this program.
- SBAT students are at school 2 days per week, TAFE 1 day per week, and employed in their chosen apprenticeship/traineeship 2 days per week.
- Over two years, SBAT students complete 4 Units of Literacy, Numeracy, Personal Development Skills and Work Related Skills. Upon successful completion of these Units students will be awarded a VCE Vocational Major.
- SBAT students who are unable to obtain an apprenticeship/traineeship will be provided with alternative opportunities such as structured workplace learning.
- SBAT students are not required to undertake examinations.
- VCE Certificate (Vocational Major)
- Completion or Part Completion of Apprenticeship/Traineeship
- VET Certificate III (or above)
Any student wishing to undertake SBAT please book an appointment with SBAT Coordinator.